Friday, September 17, 2010

Happy Blogiversary!


Today is the first anniversary of my blog.  Thanks for being a part of this endeavor as readers and occasional commenters.  I'm having a great time and hope you are too.

Maybe you've wondered where the name came from, Three Minutes to Nine.  Well, the morning I sat at the dining room table waiting my turn on the computer, I got this overwhelming sense that I needed to start a blog.  The idea had been on the back burner of my mind for months, but I seldom stirred the pot and usually even forgot the stove was turned on.  It must have been the movie Julie and Julia that turned up the heat for me.  Anyway, Tom had gone to work, Samuel had gone to school, Tommy was typing away, and I was becoming worked up.  "Tommy, please hurry!  Get off the computer; I have to start a blog today!!"  I didn't say it, but it's what filled my mind.

When it was finally my turn, I went to Blogger.com and within about 15 minutes I had a blog, everything, that is, except for a name.  All the great names I could think of were already taken, or too hard to spell (such as Chrysanthemum).  What could I call it?  "Well, when do you want to post?" I asked myself.  "Every day by 9:00," I quickly responded.  (That's not what I expected to hear!)

Because I usually run late, I thought I should give myself a little extra challenge, so I typed in "Three Minutes to Nine" to see if it was already taken.  Voila!  It was available.  I finally had a blog name.

Why not grab a cup of coffee and take a few minutes to browse through some of the posts of the past year.  If you see something you'd like to share with a friend, feel free.

Uh, oh, it's four minutes to nine.  I'd better quit.  See you tomorrow!

No comments:

ShareThis