|This ironing board available
at a thrift store in Australia.
Even if you are the kind of person who pulls the shirt out of the dryer as soon as its cycle is finished, gives it a good snap, and hangs it up so that it never needs ironing, an ironing board is still a wise investment.
Here are 10 things you can do with an ironing board:
1. Sort mail.
2. Set out school lunches and bus fare each morning.
3. Surf (not the net).
4. Iron (well, you might need to some day).
5. Use it in place of road cones to direct foot traffic through the house.
6. Patio furniture. You can paint it a bright color and use it as a picnic table.
7. Put it under your sagging mattress for a better night's sleep.
8. Plant stand, as a table between the couch and the window. (Remember, the height is adjustable. How convenient!)
9. Use it as a ladder when you need to reach something from the cupboard above the refrigerator.
10. It's the perfect item to slip into that space in the broom closet that you just haven't been able to decide how to fill.
There will be plenty of opportunities to shop this long weekend. Be sure to come home with a good, sturdy ironing board, even if you already have one. You are bound to find a use for it.