Monday, October 18, 2010

Our Trip to Odyssey

When Focus on the Family began airing their kids radio program, Adventures in Odyssey, I was a newlywed.  I think my husband wondered about me, but I loved listening to it!  When the boys came along, we listened along.  I still listen when I get a chance.

So when Samuel said that he'd like to go to Focus on the Family when we were in Colorado Springs on Saturday, I was happy to accommodate him.

We enjoyed browsing the bookstore, but we spent most of our time in the Visitor's Center, where we traveled down the streets of Odyssey, met some of the community folk (saw cut-outs of them, and matched the characters to the actors who portray them), stepped into Narnia through a wardrobe, visited the sites of some of the Odyssey episodes, and went to Whit's End Soda Shoppe!  What did we order?  The speciality, of course -- a Wodfamchocsod.  Huh?  That's a shortcut for "World Famous Chocolate Soda," and was it ever yummy!




Hey, Eugene, four hands?!




1 comment:

Kathy Holmes said...

Ginger, I am enjoying so very much your blog. Need to print out several of your recipes - especially "Mom's Oatmeal cake" which I remember well from both our houses! Lots of good old memories. I remember Tom coming to take care of my daughter, Connie, when she was a baby. Your parents only lived a few blocks from mom's and I was very sick in the middle of the night. Tom rode over on his bike so mom could take me to the hospital. That was very soon before his accident. Loved that boy!!!

ShareThis