Thursday, February 18, 2010

An Undivided Heart

What is an undivided heart? I looked up Psalm 86:11 in various versions so that I could determine what David meant when he asked the Lord for an undivided heart. Here it is in he New International Version, the Message, and the New International Readers Version:

NIV
Teach me your way, O LORD, and I will walk in your truth; give me an undivided heart, that I may fear your name.

The Message
Train me, God, to walk straight; then I'll follow your true path. Put me together, one heart and mind; then, undivided, I'll worship in joyful fear.

New International Readers Version
Lord, teach me how you want me to live. Then I will follow your truth. Give me a heart that doesn't want anything more than to worship you.

So that's it. It's a united heart and mind that doesn't want anything more than to worship God. In my search I came across this five minute commentary from Dr. Harold Sala, giving five marks of an undivided heart. I thought you'd like to hear what he has to say.

No comments:

ShareThis