Wednesday, December 16, 2009

You Can Go Home Again









Tom spent last week in New York with his mom and siblings. Here he is working in his dad's shop. I asked him to write a post about his trip, and here's what he says:

We have had a bi-coastal family ever since my dad retired, so trips to and from New York State have become second nature. On almost every trip I have been able to get some sort of wood working project completed. This last trip was no exception. Although not very glamorous in scope, I had the fun of making a few rungs for a childhood chair that belongs to Ginger.

Now that Dad is in Heaven the shop seems empty, but just being in Dad's shop brought back many memories of projects done together and the ones I could venture to do myself after gaining sufficient confidence. I imagine he is actively involved now in helping build our heavenly dwellings and anxious for his family to be reunited and sharing in his joy. The older I get the better that sounds.

No comments:

ShareThis