Friday, February 7, 2014

Ten Biblical Truths for Losing Fear

We may think our generation has a corner on fear, but fear has always been a part of people's life experience.  The first mention of fear in the Bible is found in Genesis 3:10, when Adam is explaining to God why he was hiding from Him: I heard you in the garden, and I was afraid because I was naked; so I hid.  When sin entered the world, so did fear.

If fear is a bear stalking you, if it is staring you in the face, or if it has you in its jaws this very moment, take a few minutes to read Haven Today's remedy, "Ten Biblical Truths for Losing Fear," or listen to Charles Morris' message by the same title.


1. Don’t worry about the future. God is sovereign and He knows your needs and He is your Father. Live today.

Matthew 6:32-34
“For after all these things the Gentiles seek. For your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. 33But seek first the kingdom of God and His righteousness, and all these things shall be added to you. 34Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about its own things. Sufficient for the day is its own trouble.”

Philippians 4:19
19 And my God shall supply all your need according to His riches in glory by Christ Jesus.
  
2. Don’t worry about changing what you cannot change. You can’t save yourself or anyone else. But, Jesus is a great Savior. He has added an eternity of days to your life. He can save anyone and any situation. Pray and expect.

Luke 18:26,27
26 And those who heard it said, “Who then can be saved?” 27But He said, “The things which are impossible with men are possible with God.”

John 11:25,26
2 Jesus said to her, “I am the resurrection and the life. He who believes in Me, though he may die, he shall live. 26And whoever lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?”
  
3. Don’t be burdened with the things your have to do as if you had to do them in your own strength. The Lord is a very present help. Abide in Him.

John 15:5
5”I am the vine, you are the branches. He who abides in Me, and I in him, bears much fruit; for without Me you can do nothing.”

Isaiah 46:3,4
“I, yes, I alone am He who blots away your sins for my sake, and I will never think of them again.  I will be your God through all your lifetime, even when your hair is white with age.  I love you and I will care for you; I’ll carry you along and be your Savior.” (TLB)

4. Don’t worry about finding the Lord. He has already found you. You have all of Him and everything that belongs to Him is yours. Rejoice and praise.

Luke 15:4-6
4”What man of you, having a hundred sheep, if he loses one of them, does not leave the ninety-nine in the wilderness, and go after the one which is lost until he finds it? 5And when he has found it, he lays it on his shoulders, rejoicing. 6And when he comes home, he calls together his friends and neighbors, saying to them, ‘Rejoice with me, for I have found my sheep which was lost!’”

II Peter 1:3
3As His divine power has given to us all things that pertain to life and godliness, through
the knowledge of Him who called us by glory and virtue,

5. Don’t worry about the things of this world. They are passing away. The Father has been pleased to give you the Kingdom. Give yourself away.

Philippians 3:7,8
7But what things were gain to me, these I have counted loss for Christ. 8 Yet indeed I also count all things loss for the excellence of the knowledge of Christ Jesus my Lord, for whom I have suffered the loss of all things, and count them as rubbish, that I may gain Christ

Colossians 1:12-14
12Giving thanks to the Father who has qualified us to be partakers of the inheritance of the saints in the light. 13 He has delivered us from the power of darkness and conveyed us into the kingdom of the Son of His love, 14 in whom we have redemption through His blood, the forgiveness of sins.
  
6. Don’t live with a sense of dread and fear. His love surrounds you and defines your life. Lift up your head.

Psalm 3:3
3But You, O LORD, are a shield for me,
My glory and the One who lifts up my head.

Ephesians 3:17-19
17 That Christ may dwell in your hearts through faith; that you, being rooted and grounded in love, 18may be able to comprehend with all the saints what is the width and length and depth and height— 19 to know the love of Christ which passes knowledge; that you may be filled with all the fullness of God.

7. Don’t be afraid that He hasn’t heard your prayers. He always hears and answers prayer without fail. Ask and be carefree.

John 16:24
24“Until now you have asked nothing in My name. Ask, and you will receive, that your joy may be full.”
Philippians 4:6,7
6Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; 7and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

 8. Don’t be afraid that your past mistakes, sins, and failures will determine your future. Your sins are forgiven and He works all things together for good. Leave your past regrets behind and head for the glorious future.

Romans 8:1
1There is therefore now no condemnation to those who are in Christ Jesus, who do not
walk according to the flesh, but according to the Spirit.

I Timothy 1:15-17
15 This is a faithful saying and worthy of all acceptance, that Christ Jesus came into the
world to save sinners, of whom I am chief. 16However, for this reason I obtained mercy, that in me first Jesus Christ might show all longsuffering, as a pattern to those who are going to believe on Him for everlasting life. 17Now to the King eternal, immortal, invisible, to God who alone is wise, be honor and glory forever and ever. Amen.

 9. Don’t be intimidated by Satan’s accusations, the world’s hostility, the power of sin or even death. The Lord has defeated them all. Make Jesus your Lord. Answer to him.

Colossians 2:15
15 Having disarmed principalities and powers, He made a public spectacle of them, triumphing over them in it.

John 16:33
33”These things I have spoken to you, that in Me you may have peace. In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world.”

10. Don’t be hesitant to follow the Lord because of your weaknesses and inadequacies. God’s strength is made perfect in weakness. Be bold and move out for the Kingdom.

II Corinthians 12:9
9 And He said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore most gladly I will rather boast in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me.

II Corinthians 2:14
Now thanks be to God who always leads us in triumph in Christ, and through us diffuses the fragrance of His knowledge in every place.


No comments:

ShareThis