Monday, May 7, 2012

Do Not Fear. God is With You.


Here are two of my favorite Bible passages, truths that I have clung to for many years. In these verses, I learn who God is -- my creator, the one who formed me, my redeemer, my God, the Holy One of Israel, my Savior. And I learn what he has done and will do -- he has called me by name (God knows my name; isn't that amazing!). He will lead me and guide me, he will make the darkness light and the rough places smooth.  He will keep me safe through floods and fire. 

God the Creator knows me and has promised to be with me. So when he says "Fear not," I know I can trust him.

Whatever your life holds today, do not fear. God is with you.

I will lead the blind
By ways they have not known,
along unfamiliar paths
I will guide them;
I will turn the darkness
into light before them
and make the rough places smooth.
These are the things I will do;
I will not forsake them.
Isaiah 42:16


But now,
this is what the Lord says –
he who created you, O Jacob,
he who formed you, O Israel:
“Fear not,
for I have redeemed you;
I have called you by name;
you are mine.
When you pass through the waters,
I will be with you;
and when you pass through the rivers,
they will not sweep over you.
When you walk through the fire,
you will not be burned;
the flames will not set you ablaze.
For I am the Lord,
your God,
the Holy One of Israel,
your Savior.
Isaiah 43:1-3a

No comments:

ShareThis