Saturday, August 21, 2010

Last Words on Turning 60


Sooner or later we all discover that the important moments in life are not the advertised ones, not the birthdays, the graduations, the weddings, not the great goals achieved. 
The real milestones are less prepossessing. 
They come to the door of memory unannounced, 
stray dogs that amble in, sniff around a bit and 
simply never leave. 
Our lives are measured by these.
Susan B. Anthony

I still find each day too short 
for all the thoughts I want to think, 
all the walks I want to take, 
all the books I want to read, 
and all the friends I want to see.
John Burroughs

The older the fiddle, the sweeter the tune.
Irish Saying

Time flies like an arrow. Fruit flies like a banana.
Groucho Marx

2 comments:

Sara said...

Hi Ginger! So nice to meet you. The picture you referred to was one I found on a google search and don't know the artist. I look forward to spending some time getting to you know you here now that we've met. I'm interested already by your profile, I have a son for whom I've been gluten-free cooking because of Celiac and I am a psychiatric nurse who works with lots of folks with autism. Blessings & grace!

Ginger Kauffman said...

Thanks, Sara! Let's talk more! I don't have your e-mail address but you can reach me at threeminutestonine@gmail.com.
Ginger

ShareThis