Saturday, October 31, 2009

What's Scary?

On this Halloween day, in a world that can seem pretty scary, I want to share something I heard on the radio several months ago. Nancy Leigh DeMoss was talking about the circumstances of life that cause us to fear, those things we are facing and those we are worrying might come our way. She said, "Do you know what's scary? What's scary is if God falls off His throne, and that's not going to happen!"

I trust that will bring you as much courage as it did me. There are many things in this world that I'm not sure about, but this I know -- God is not about to fall off His throne. And as long as He's in charge, we can walk in safety and peace. When our hope is in Him, we need not fear.

Check out these verses from the Psalms for further study: Psalm 11:4; 33:20-22; 45:6; 46:1-3; 48:14; 62:5-8; 93:2; 94:19; 103:19; 147:10-11.

No comments:

ShareThis