Monday, April 2, 2012

Join Me in Burundi

I know you can't get on the plane with me and go to the Sister Connection Retreat in Burundi (in central Africa) that I'll be attending in July, but I want you to be a part of this trip just the same. For starters, I've got a video I'd like you to see which was presented in yesterday's church services.


Here's what else you can do: you can pray for us. Pray for the details to fall together for each one of our team. Pray for our safety as we travel and as we all gather together. Pray for the Lord to bring joy and healing and blessing to the women at the retreat and to their children, who will also be attending camp at the same time.

In the video I said there would be 300 widows at the retreat, but I have since heard that there will be 500! These are women who lost their husbands through ethnic conflict in the late 1990s/early 2000s. I'm grateful for the ministry of Sister Connection, which is restoring the dignity of these women who are outcasts in their society and helping them transition to self-sufficiency.

If you'd like to be a part of the trip by contributing toward the cost you can do so through the Warm Beach Free Methodist Church at 20815 Marine Drive, Stanwood, Washington 98292.

Of course you can also sponsor a widow through Sister Connection!

I'll post occasional updates as we prepare for the trip and I'll post stories and pictures of the trip as well. As I go I will know that I represent others who care about Burundi's widows and their children, and are praying for them.

Let's go to Burundi!

No comments:

ShareThis