Thursday, March 18, 2010

Katilyn and Seth

In just a few days, my niece Katilyn is going to marry Seth.  This tiny preemie, whose head lay in the palm of my dad's hand and whose feet didn't reach the crook of his elbow, the two-month-old who was at my own wedding 21 years ago, will now be the bride.

This happy, happy little girl who loved a good time with her cousin Tommy, this sister to Amy and Matt and Nathan, will be bringing them a new brother.

This fearless girl who will climb on the roof to help her dad re-shingle, this active former gymnast and captain of the high school dance team, will soon be juggling the responsibilities of wife and student.  

This future youth pastor, this lovely young woman, this beautiful niece of mine, will marry Seth, and I am very happy.

I've met Seth only once, but it was enough.  He is warm and winsome, he loves Jesus, and he loves Katilyn.  And the first time he met my parents he called them Gram and Gramps.  Meeting Seth was enough to convince me that he will care for Katilyn and protect her and love her family.  I couldn't ask for more.

No comments:

ShareThis