Wednesday, April 2, 2014

A Powerful Promise


I came across a verse of Scripture the other day that I didn't remember ever reading before. But there it was, just opposite the beloved passage in Isaiah 39:27-31 about waiting on the Lord (well marked and annotated in my Bible) and separated from another favorite passage of mine, Isaiah 41:10, by just three verses.

The message of this verse was so powerful and so encouraging that I memorized it and began making it my own. Within the week I had a couple of experiences that caused me to cry out to the Lord, reminding Him of His promises He had just offered me in this new, favorite verse of mine.

Here's the verse:
For I am the Lord, your God,
who takes hold of your right hand
and says to you,
Do not fear;
I will help you.
(Isaiah 41:13)

And I am here to tell you that He has been faithful to me. When I pray this promise back to Him, He helps me. I have found new confidence and courage to face difficulties in my life since I discovered this simple, profound promise.

Are you facing changes today, or overwhelming circumstances? Are you feeling alone, like everything is up to you? This is God's promise to you today. The Lord, your God, takes hold of your right hand and says, "Do not fear; I will help you." And He will.

No comments:

ShareThis