1. Listen without interrupting. He who answers before listening, this is his folly and his shame (Proverbs 18:13). Ouch!
2. Speak without accusing. My dear brothers, take note of this: Everyone should be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to become angry (James 1:19).
3. Answer without arguing. Whoever loves discipline loves knowledge, but he who hates correction is stupid (Provers 12:1). Don't justify yourself or make excuses. Listen for the truth. It just may be that the one speaking to you is offering you a gift that will help you grow.
4. Trust without wavering. It [love] always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres (1 Corinthians 13:7).
5. Share without pretending. Instead, speaking the truth in love, we will in all things grow up into him who is the head, that is, Christ (Ephesians 4:15). Be real: live the truth; speak the truth.
6. Give without sparing. All day long he [the sluggard] craves for more, but the righteous give without sparing (Proverbs 21:26). If God did not spare his Son on our behalf, we can be generous with others.
7. Promise without forgetting. Hope deferred makes the heart sick, but a longing fulfilled is a tree of life (Proverbs 13:12).
8. Forgive without punishing. Share with each other and forgive whatever grievance you may have against one another (Colossians 3:13). There's no room for "I forgive you, but..."
9. Enjoy without complaint. Do everything without complaining or arguing (Philippians 2:14).
10. Pray without ceasing. Pray continually (1 Thessalonians 5:17). Love invites us to hold people up to God in all our thoughts concerning them.
Let all that you do be done in love (1 Corinthians 16:14 ESV).