Today's blog is patterned after the party game, Two Truths and a Lie. So here's how we play. I'm going to list four things you likely don't know about me. Three of them are, indeed, partially true; the other is a boldface lie. You guess which one is the lie.
Are you ready? Here goes:
1. I once rode in a limousine with a kangaroo.
2. While participating in the Roller Derby I fell and got a concussion.
3. I am related to Dan Blocker who played Hoss Cartwright on the TV show Bonanza.
4. I won the 1979 Northwest Regional Card Shuffling Contest.
Have you made your choice? Let's see if you guessed right.
1. On several occasions I rode to the airport in a limo when my brother-in-law was a driver. And on my mom's 50th birthday, our friend Kris rented a limo and she, Peach and I took Mom to McDonald's drive-through for breakfast, but there was never a kangaroo in the limo.
2. When I was working with the children at the Warm Beach Church, we went to the roller rink in Everett. During an all-girl skate, those little kids were going so fast that I thought I'd better get out of their way. I made it clear to the entrance of the rink before I fell. There was no concussion.
3. For years this was the bit of trivia I pulled out when asked to tell something about myself that nobody else would know. And really, I thought I was related to Hoss. Turns out he was in my uncle's family line, not ours. When he and my aunt divorced, I lost my claim to fame through my relationship with my fifth-cousin-by-marriage, twice-removed!
4. If you eve played UNO with me, you'd know this is a flat-out lie.