Wednesday, August 7, 2013

Bless the Lord, O My Soul

As I washed my hands at Fred Meyer last Saturday evening, I turned to the woman at the sink beside me and said, "Have you had a good day?" Her response, instant and filled with conviction, was, "Yes! I have so much to praise the Lord for!"

That is the attitude that I would like to cultivate in my own life. How about you?

We are told in Psalm 103 to "praise the Lord...and forget not all his benefits." Why don't you make a list today of some of the benefits God has bestowed on you. Here are a just few of mine.

- fresh greens from the garden for my lunch today
- a quiet, warm house to wake up in
- sunshine, but not too hot
- beautiful new friends at Special Friends Camp
- grace to cover all my sins
- a God who understands us
- a husband who brings me great joy
- electricity
- Special Friends Camp staff who love what they are doing
- a car that runs, and gas to get where I need to go

No comments:

ShareThis