Thursday, May 12, 2011

Psalm 23

Drawing by Tom Kauffman
Take a fresh look at Psalm 23, from the Complete Jewish Bible.

1 A psalm of David: ADONAI is my shepherd; I lack nothing. 2 He has me lie down in grassy pastures, he leads me by quiet water, 3 he restores my inner person. He guides me in right paths for the sake of his own name. 4 Even if I pass through death-dark ravines, I will fear no disaster; for you are with me; your rod and staff reassure me. 5 You prepare a table for me, even as my enemies watch; you anoint my head with oil from an overflowing cup. 6 Goodness and grace will pursue me every day of my life; and I will live in the house of ADONAI for years and years to come.


Today I am reminded that ADONAI is my shepherd, too, and that I have all I need in him.  I let him restore my inner person and will fear no disaster, because he is with me.  I will live this day with goodness and grace pursuing me!  May it be the same for you as well.



No comments:

ShareThis