Thursday, April 29, 2010

The Desire and the Strength

Here are some words of encouragement for you today:  It is God which worketh in you both to will and to do of His good pleasure (Philippians 2:13, KJV).

I have loved this verse since I was young, especially how it reads in the King James Version -- this reassurance that God Himself is the one who helps me will (want) to do what pleases Him and then helps me actually do it.  On my own, I can't do the things that God desires.  There are times that I can't even want to do them on my own.  But God, by His presence in my life through Jesus, can work in me on both counts.

So if you, like me, are facing a situation today in which you or someone you care about struggles to do God's will or even to desire God's will, take it to Jesus.  Remind Him that He has declared this truth in His Word, and you are depending on Him to be faithful to His Word today.  Ask Him to help you desire to do His will and give you the strength to do it, then watch Him work.  That's what I plan to do. 

No comments:

ShareThis