Friday, January 28, 2011

Patience Revisited

On November 23 of 2009 I posted about my very patient sister and the cats she adopted.  Turns out they were feral and didn't take kindly to human touch.  Just yesterday she sent me this e-mail:


I just had to let you know that it only took 25 months and 7 days...I pet Finny today!  He was on my bed (he kicked Persy off--he has a jealously issue he needs to work on).  As I walked through the room I offered my hand for him to sniff and he actually let me touch him.  THEN he let me stroke him.  THEN HE PURRED!!!!!  Yahoo!!  I wonder if I'll be allowed to repeat that later today.


And she signed it, A happy me!


It would be difficult to miss the lessons here, such as:
-- Love, offered freely and intentionally, over time, will eventually bear fruit.
-- Things don't always happen according to our own timing!
-- Animals (and people) really can change.
-- Remain attentive for the slightest progress so that you can rejoice over it.
-- Peach's remarkable example of patience is just a dim reflection of the patience God has with us.  Amazing!


Hang in there today!  There may be more happening than you realize and today may just be the day that you see some reward for your patience.


The Lord is not slow in keeping his promise, as some understand slowness.  He is patient with you, not wanting anyone to perish but everyone to come to repentance (2 Peter 3:9).

No comments:

ShareThis