Sunday, December 12, 2010

Third Sunday of Advent


For to us a child is born,
to us a son is given,
and the government will be on his shoulders.
And he wil be called
Wonderful Counselor,
Mighty God,
Everlasting Father,
Prince of Peace.
Isaiah 9:6

"If you really knew me,
you would know my Father as well.
From now on,
you do know him and have seen him."

Philip said, "Lord show us the Father
and that will be enough for us."

Jesus answered:
"Don't you know me, Philip,
even after I have been among you such a long time?
Anyone who has seen me has seen the Father.
How can you say, 'Show us the Father'?
Don't you believe that I am in the Father,
and that the Father is in me?
The words I say to you are not just my own. 
Rather, it is the Father, living in me,
who is doing his work."
John 14:7-10

No comments:

ShareThis