Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Home From Phoenix

We are home, safe and sound, happy and tired, so glad to have been gone and delighted to be back! It was a very full week; we put nearly a thousand miles on the rental car and ate our dinner some nights at 9:30.

Katilyn and Seth's wedding was beautiful.  Family and friends were there from Alaska, Ontario, Missouri, Texas, and points between.  Seth's dad, a pastor living and studying now in England, invited several people up to pray for the couple at the end of the ceremony, something I'd never seen before.  And Ted, Katilyn's dad, wrote and recorded a song with his son, Matthew, that had us all in tears.


We had fun at the flea market and the mall in Scottsdale.  Our biggest outing was to Sedona and Flagstaff, about 125 miles each way.  I'll share some photos later to give you a glimpse of the spectacular views and fun we had.  Arizona's weather is perfect in late March!

We flew right over Mount St Helens on a clear, sunny day last week, and over the Grand Canyon yesterday!  Glorious!

Here are a couple of quotes from the trip:
"I came all the way from Alaska and still there's nothing good on TV!" (Tim)
"My wish is your command."  (Peach to Dad, when he asked her to bring him something.  She really was trying to show him honor, but her words came out a bit crooked.)

I thoroughly enjoyed my time with Dad, Mom, Peach, and Tim, Ted and Gail and their family, and the new friends I made.  It was a much needed, much enjoyed trip.  Now I'm home, back to laundry, cooking, and loving on my husband and sons.  It's a fine, fine life.

No comments:

ShareThis