Friday, June 27, 2014

Every Spiritual Blessing



In Numbers 6:22-27 the Lord instructed Moses to give Aaron a blessing to pray over the Israelites. The Lord bless you and keep you, he was told to say, the Lord make his face shine on you and be gracious to you; the Lord lift up his countenance upon you and give you peace. The blessing is beautiful and meaningful, but it is the following verse that grabbed my attention the other day: So they will put my name on the Israelites, and I will bless them (v 27).

For days I walked around in awe. "God's name is on me!" I told myself again and again. "God's name is on me!" That surely means his power and his grace and his presence are with me. That can only mean that I have absolutely everything I need for a vibrant, victorious life of faith!

I am tempted to focus on the little things around me and lose sight of the bigness of God. Or I am overwhelmed with the bigness of things around me and become fearful, But in the Lord I have all I need! You have all you need! We have God's name on us!

Again and again in the Bible we are told of the spiritual blessings we have in the Lord. Here are a few. As followers of Christ, this is our reality. Live today and every day in light of the truth that in him you have all you need!

The name of the Lord is on me ~ Numbers 6:27
The arms of the Lord support me ~ Deuteronomy 33:27
The joy of the Lord strengthens me ~ Nehemiah 8:10
The hand of the Lord upholds me ~ Psalm 37:24
The word of the Lord sustains me ~ Isaiah 50:4
The love of the Lord has redeemed me ~ John 3:16
The light of the Lord shines on me ~ John 8:12
The truth of the Lord frees me ~ John 8:32
The voice of the Lord leads me ~ John 10:3
The grace of the Lord works in me ~ Acts 4:33
The Spirit of the Lord fills me ~ Ephesians 5:18
The peace of the Lord is with me ~ Philippians 4:9

No comments:

ShareThis