Wednesday, August 1, 2012

Pick Up That Pen and Write!


I don't know if you like to write or not -- I've heard that there are some folks who don't! -- but I find such satisfaction in putting words together that I'd like you to experience the fun of it too.

As for me, I know there is also great satisfaction in gardening, though it is a satisfaction I regularly deprive myself of. Once I get going, I'm good with it; it's just getting out there and starting!

So here's the deal. I'm going to set aside an hour this week to go work in the garden. I may do more than that, but for at least one hour in the next week I'll be pulling weeds, making my garden look better and my soul enriched.

And I'm going to ask you to pick up your pen and write for an hour this week. Just write. Don't know what to write about? Well here are some suggestions:

- Put down your thoughts about what's happening in your life right now.

- Describe your very best hiding place when you were a kid.

- Write about your first day of middle school.

- Tell about what you like about your spouse, your kids, your siblings, whoever.

- Write out the directions for creating a clay pot (or whatever you enjoy creating).

- Choose a passage of scripture and write down your insights about it.

I hope you'll take my challenge and find a time and space and a topic to write about. Even if you think you can't write, why don't you give it a try. Pick up that pen and write!

No comments:

ShareThis